About Diabetes Management Support
The Diabetes Management Support Program at Iowa Diabetes provides a fun way to learn about a variety of topics to help address daily challenges in managing diabetes. Our program is accredited by the American Diabetes Association and led by a Registered Dietitian and Pharmacist who are focused on you.
Weekly group or individual sessions give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage your own diabetes. This program is based on a well-known approach called Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support. Each session covers a different topic and is offered in-person or online.
Group Sessions: Join a small group once a week, for five weeks, 90 minutes each.
- Session 1: Introduction to Diabetes & Healthy Coping
- Session 2: Eating for Better Health
- Session 3: Get Moving!
- Session 4: Know Your Meds
- Session 5: Everyday Planning & Preventative Care
Individual Sessions: Meet one-on-one with a caring diabetes educator and pick and choose the topics that are important to you.
What Skills Will You Learn?
- Healthy Coping
- Healthy Eating
- Being Active
- Taking Medications
- Problem Solving
- Reducing Risk
- Lower A1c
- Lose weight
- Improve quality of life
- Save money with less medical expenses
- Make healthy lifestyle changes
- Prevent or delay complications from diabetes
When Should You Join?
- When you’re first diagnosed with diabetes
- Once per year or when you are not meeting your health goals
- When new issues arise (high blood pressure or cholesterol, kidney disease, etc.)
- Life Changes (new living situations, change in medications, technology, etc.)
Your Diabetes Management Support Team
Dietitian & Diabetes Educator
Pharmacist & Diabetes Educator
How Much Does it Cost?
This program is partially covered by Medicare Part B and most private health insurance plans. You must be diagnosed with diabetes and have a referral from your healthcare provider. Call your insurance for more information. Medicare coverage details
I’d like a free consultation to learn more about Diabetes Management Support