About Diabetes Nutrition Support & Meal Planning
How do I make a meal plan? How many carbs are in this meal? Why is my blood sugar so high no matter what I eat? Our Registered Dietitian can help take the stress out of mealtimes and support you in making long lasting diet changes.
Work one-on-one with a Registered Dietitian who is trained in Medical Nutrition Therapy. Whether you’re looking to make a meal plan, boost energy levels, gain new skills in the kitchen, or need nutrition counselling, meeting with our Dietitian can help.
Initial and follow-up visits are offered in-person or online. Plan for an hour for the first visit. Follow-ups will vary in length depending on your goals. Learning to manage diabetes is complicated so you may need multiple visits to help achieve your goals.
What Skills Will You Learn?
- Develop a meal plan based on preferences
- Understand how food impacts blood sugars
- Make better choices when eating out
- Navigate holiday meals and family gatherings
- Decode the food label and learn carb counting
- Learn ways to lose weight and keep it off
- Make long lasting diet changes
- Lower A1c and cholesterol
- Prevent or delay complication of diabetes
- Improve energy levels
- Create better eating habits
- Save money on healthcare costs
- Lose weight
When Should You Join?
- When you’re first diagnosed with diabetes
- Once per year or when your not meeting your health goals
- When new issues arise (high blood pressure or cholesterol, kidney disease or other complications)
- Life Changes (new living situations, pregnancy, starting insulin, etc. )
Your Nutrition Support Team
Dietitian & Diabetes Educator
How Much Does it Cost?
This program is partially covered by Medicare Part B and most private health insurance plans. You must be diagnosed with diabetes and have a referral from your healthcare provider. Call your insurance for more information. Medicare coverage details
I’d like a free consultation to learn more about Nutrition Support.