Make This Father’s Day Memorable!
Father’s Day is coming up this Sunday, June 16th! We would like to thank all the fathers by putting together some fun activities, recipes, and gift ideas for the special dad in your life.
Find the perfect gift for dad with these 10 Gift Ideas:
- A Kabob grilling basket because not only is it a great way to inspire healthy eating, but grilling is a great way to gather family and friends together for a great summer night.
- These slippers are perfect for those with diabetes who have foot-pain. These slippers are warm and are a great way to relieve foot pain.
- This ancestry DNA test is a perfect gift to see some of your genetic makeup and find relatives you may have never met before!
- This juicer is reasonably priced and is a great way to promote eating more fruits and vegetables!
- Does your dad struggle getting a good night sleep? This weighted blanket is a perfect way to promote a good night’s sleep as well as comfort someone if they are feeling anxious, something that is not uncommon with those who have diabetes.
- Fitbits are a great gift to promote exercising and they link up to My Diabetes Home to help you better manage your diabetes.
- If your dad likes reading, a subscription to Men’s Health is a great way for your dad to get some health tips and other inspiration to live a happier and healthier life.
- This Hydroflask water bottle is a perfect way to promote drinking water while also keeping it nice and cold all day long.
- Stitch Fix is a great way to stay in style as a dad. Summer is a great time to show off that new summer body and some nice, personalized clothes are the perfect way to do it.
- This fashionable bag is perfect for traveling with shaving supplies, but it is also a great way to carry around your glucose meter or any other diabetic supplies that your dad may need while in public.
Try these Fresh Recipes:Kabobs Grilling is a fun way to get outdoors and spend time with your loved ones. Here is a recipe to enjoy your time outdoors, while still leading a healthy lifestyle! Fruit Pizza Every special occasion requires something a little sweet! Here’s a recipe for a fruit pizza- healthy and yummy! Homemade Tapioca Pudding Everyone craves something sweet, especially on an occasion as special as Father’s Day! Chocolate Covered Strawberries Chocolate covered strawberries are perfect for every occasion- here’s a recipe for your sweet tooth while still getting in some fruit!
Spend some quality time with dad by trying these Activities:
- Head to the driving range!
- Take a walk around the block together
- Go hiking and enjoy some nature
- Frisbee is a great way to get active and have some fun with your loved ones!
- Play a board game with the family